Micro bubbles like crazy

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 20 cube that has been up and running for a few months now. Over the last week or so I have started getting a ton of micro bubbles in the display. Enough that the water appears cloudy.

I can’t figure out how to fix the problem. I readjusted all the sponges in chamber two and checked all my pump connections thinking it might be sucking air.

the bubbles are coming from chamber two. If I shine a light into the pump chamber I can see the bubbles coming up between the baffles of chamber two and three.

any suggestions on how to fix this?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Try cleaning return pump and assure also it is below the water line. Somehow air is entering chamber or at pump during return

OP
OP
J

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree bubbles are getting into the pump, but I can see bubbles coming between the baffles in chamber two and three. I thing that is where they are coming from

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree bubbles are getting into the pump, but I can see bubbles coming between the baffles in chamber two and three. I thing that is where they are coming from
Try and increase flow in those lines and see if there is obstruction such as snail causing this.

NigeltheBold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running a skimmer? If so, sometimes skimmers can exhaust a lot of microbubbles if the air intake isn't bringing in enough air. I know that sounds backwards, but it's true. If you are running a skimmer, try increasing air flow to the intake.

OP
OP
J

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not running a skimmer. I honestly don't know how there are so many bubbles coming from chamber 2. All I have in there are some different filter media and the two sponge filters that came with the waterbox.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back