Micro Water bubble from return pump sitting next to skimmer.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kwang0429
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kwang0429

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
6
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a UNS 90LA tank, which in my opinion is very poorly designed, I am using their protein skimmer and return pump and they all have a designated space to be put int, the middle slot is for protein skimmer while the slot right next to it is for the pump, currently I realized my pump has been blowing tons of micro bubbles daily. any idea what tool or anything I can do to avoid this from happening?

Thanks

Image_20250929141512_16_1.jpg Image_20250929141506_15_1.jpg Image_20250928105757_12_1.jpg Image_20250928105759_13_1.jpg
 
I’m not familiar with this particular brand but often a sponge can be used to block out the tiny bubbles?
Gl
 
Thank you so much I will give it a try
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new