Microbe-Lift Special Blend...Cyano Eradicator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FaviaFreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
3,420
Reaction score
257
Location
Long Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have success using special blend to help eradicate cyano?

please don't turn this thread into a lesson in nutrient control and flow, this only pertains to the use of special blend and effects people have obtained using it :wink:

Thanks
 
Last edited:
It's helped me somewhat. Ended up using Cyano solutions and now its all gone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
 
It's helped me somewhat. Ended up using Cyano solutions and now its all gone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
interesting I'll have to look into that as well...how does the cyano solution work? is it a medication?
 
interesting I'll have to look into that as well...how does the cyano solution work? is it a medication?

It's an anti-biotic. I was worried about using any chemicals, but it worked great.
Apparently Cyano is a bacteria, not an algae so it can be passed tank to tank.
Put the med in, wait 24 hrs, then 25% water change, then turn on skimmer and fresh carbon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
 
It's an anti-biotic. I was worried about using any chemicals, but it worked great.
Apparently Cyano is a bacteria, not an algae so it can be passed tank to tank.
Put the med in, wait 24 hrs, then 25% water change, then turn on skimmer and fresh carbon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

yeah I'm trying to avoid using meds and try a more natural approach to eradication..sounds like it works just like chemi-clean and red slime remover
 
I use the special blend and it works for me. I dosed the large bottle according to recommended amounts the first time. All cyano disappeared. Now I just keep some on hand and dose whenever I might see a little creeping up somewhere. Jon Warner from Warner Marine turned me onto this product and he uses it himself.
 
I had great results with Zeovit Coral Snow

Pohls Coral Snow

Thanks for the info!

I use the special blend and it works for me. I dosed the large bottle according to recommended amounts the first time. All cyano disappeared. Now I just keep some on hand and dose whenever I might see a little creeping up somewhere. Jon Warner from Warner Marine turned me onto this product and he uses it himself.

yeah I am intrigued by it and see where special blend pops up in a few threads mentioning cyano eradication. I don't think that many people are aware of it because they are looking for a quick fix instead

did you dose full amounts or play it safe?
 
I dosed just over the safe level. I didnt quite double up or whatever it says on the bottle about saltwater. Also, I would highly suggest dosing right before leaving the house. This stuff stinks! My girlfriend was not happy...she thought the sewage lines had backed up.:xd:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new