Microbial Marine Nitrous?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cactusreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cactusreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
90
Reaction score
67
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up with this new product? Worth it?
Also why is shipping so delayed? Does anyone know if there’s an ETA?
 
Does ammonium bicarbonate raise alkalinity?

No, it is alkalinity neutral. I mention that and the fact that other ammonia additives deplete alk in the linked recipe thread. :)
 
Looks like we’ll have to wait on results from real users, just got my bottles in yesterday.

Started with the recommended dose.

I’m also using their Easy Trace since most of the trace elements in it are usually low in my ICP results. I also dose all for reef so hopefully this picks up the slack.
 
IMO, urea dosing has yet to prove its benefit, and food grade ammonium bicarbonate is a cheap and quality ammonia supplement.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-for-low-nitrate-systems.987087/
@Randy Holmes-Farley: At least theoretically urea could have one advantage compared to ammonium when coming to the zooxanthelle (and also the nitrification bacteria as those are autotrofic aswell and use CO2 eqvivalents to create "sugar") as it creates CO2 to the zooxanthelle when its decomposed to ammonium. So maybe a benefit totally, as CO2 is easily deficient (and HCO3 is more energy consuming to use due to carbanhydras and also active transport). Just a theoretically thought.
 
I know some folks have proposed and and some have tested urea dosing. IIRC, the results were not generally a visible improvement. I'll have to search them out.
 
I wanted to also mention, i have a full on goby tank with 2 small wrasse, possum and pink streaked..

so you can imagine i have little to no nitrates and plenty of phosphates due to the cube i feed everyday.

So my results can be more favorable for me since i do not have a big bioload of fish.

assuming here…
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new