Microscope for counting rotifiers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter NH Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NH Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what I should get without breaking the bank?

Any suggestions on what I should get without breaking the bank?
 
I use a 10x loop so I'd think any student grade microscope would work for counting rotifiers.
 
Counting rotifiers.. Sounds like a pain. Your planning on selling them in assuming?
 
I just ordered a pocket microscope I should receive it today 60-100x it was $10. I am not sure if it is worth it but I could not pass it up for the price. I want to be able to look at my refuge critters close up. I will let you know how it works.
 
I use a jeweler's loupe 10x

You should be able to count 15+ in a small area when looking through the loupe to verify your density. My high density cultures will have hundreds of rotifers in a 5ml area. For the most part once you get a dense culture you will know...the phyto is exhausted quickly and you can see them sparkling everywhere.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new