Microscope ID Dinos? Diatoms?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bfishing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bfishing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
38
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey guys! These little creatures have been terrorizing my sand bed for months with ugly brown rust mats and then disappearing at night. No fish or snail deaths. Any idea of what they could be? They seem to form little cluster colonies as well and glide around. This is the closest I could get my microscope to go unfortunately. I’m guessing sand dwelling dinos but was wondering if anyone thought any different. My previous thread has some more info as well!
20260728_185047_483F1CD2-3296-47FA-9F7E-53BDAD16B74F.png
 
20260728_185345_5C9B7416-C9EF-40B1-B4F7-1D9EC47BF308.png


20260728_185345_1509FBF0-A95E-45FC-BC53-5AE309AA1CDF.png

Some photos too if the video acts up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new