Mid blackout and cloudy

  • Thread starter Thread starter mook1178
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mook1178

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
535
Reaction score
600
Location
Lincoln
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of a 3 day blackout. I have noticed that the tank is a bit cloudy.

Is this normal? I could potentially see the death of the algal cells causing a bacterial bloom. Wondering if it is normal though?
 
That seems reasonable to me, but let me bump this thread to get some more eyes on your question 🙂
 
What pest are you doing a blackout for?
Dinos mostly hoping it might help with some cyan. On the second day and I can tell most dinos are gone. So I am thinking the cloudiness is bacterial, but haven't necessarily seen it mentioned anywhere. There were a lot of dinos.
 
Dinos mostly hoping it might help with some cyan. On the second day and I can tell most dinos are gone. So I am thinking the cloudiness is bacterial, but haven't necessarily seen it mentioned anywhere. There were a lot of dinos.

It may well be, as things needing light die.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new