Midas Blenny - Any way to get brighter yellow through nutrition/diet?

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a dumb question. We have a Midas Blenny that is between a peach and bright yellow shade. I have heard that its possible to get that nice bright yellow through diet and nutrition. Is this true? Anyone done it?

ReeferBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen variation of color depending on where the Midas is from. I think the Africans are known to be the brightest yellow ones.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll always find subtle colour differences between individuals, but a healthy diet and good water is always a great way to improve colours! Feed some live foods if you're able to. Baby brine shrimp, black worms and blood worms are a good start. I've heard great things about all of those foods.
It's weird, so many people go on about how to get the best colours out of their coral, but not many people talk about getting the best colours in their fish.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet and environment do much to improve brightness in a midas blenny.

Midas blennies will also have their brightest colors if kept with a group of bold anthias. They mimic female squamipinnis anthias and are social with them in the wild.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love the yellow blennies. Was just curious. Ours is a gorgeous shade of yellow, orange and pink. With amazing eyeliner skills. This was taken right before her girls night out with our red fin fairy wrasse.

331dhxx.png

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love the yellow blennies. Was just curious. Ours is a gorgeous shade of yellow, orange and pink. With amazing eyeliner skills. This was taken right before her girls night out with our red fin fairy wrasse.

331dhxx.png

She is beautiful. My Blenny is gold and when she hides in her hole she will camouflage her face. I saw an all black one just yesterday, I thought that was neat. I have a lyretail anthias and the two of them are like best friends.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet and environment do much to improve brightness in a midas blenny.

Midas blennies will also have their brightest colors if kept with a group of bold anthias. They mimic female squamipinnis anthias and are social with them in the wild.

That's good to know. Ours it attached to red fin fairy wrasse. All they do is swim together. Probably because all they had was each other during QT.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellows turn blue in a month, no idea why my tank doesn't like yellow

NakiFantaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love their eye lashes too!!!
I don't have a good picture of my Blenny - His name is Frankie... those blue eyes remind me of Frank Sinatra. [emoji16]
His colors change a lot.. most of the time he is a dark yellow and orange color but sometimes he looks blue-ish.

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a dumb question. We have a Midas Blenny that is between a peach and bright yellow shade. I have heard that its possible to get that nice bright yellow through diet and nutrition. Is this true? Anyone done it?
4 years late but whatever. Canary blenny are an option. Midas are more orange/gold typically. Canary are very bright yellow but other than that basically the same.

Back