Midas Blenny behaviour

AlgaeCleaner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

So, our Midas Blenny is really enjoying himself in our tank. But lately, he has started poking his head over the water surface when swimming. Like his interested in what's up there. Is that normal behaviour for them? No other fish is acting strange.

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had one of then in a while, but I don't recall mine swimming like that. Mine was always swimming out in the open, so if yours is, then maybe he's just curious. If he's eating good and swimming around, I'd guess he's fine. So long as he's not always this way like he's having problems breathing & gasping for air. I've heard people say that velvet causes fish to have trouble breathing. I've had other fish that would swim normal then pop their heads out of water, then go back to normal. So could be totally normal.

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the same thing. I read that they are known jumpers, and with mine swimming so close to the top, I made sure get my tank completely covered.

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely do jump. I lost one in my qt when I forgot to close the lid opening overnight. In the morning was all dried up.

Back