Midas blenny spots

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Everyone goes sooooo hard when ich is found . I’ve lived with ich for 7 years lost one fish to it and idk if that wasn’t even the cause …..as soon as them buggers start scratching feed 3-4x a day heavy not just brine shrimp but random foods especially tdo pellets ….and they’ll fight it on their own usually….about a month of heavy feedings Make their stomach pop out !! unless your fish is not eating at all then I learned your kinda screwed once a fish stops eating they usually don’t go back imo
I cant imagine you had ich but rather lymph or similar. Ich only progresses to the point of death as you will have constant cysts, tromont and trophant stages in which the parasites become infinite

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well nothing at all on blenny today but now clown has it. He's been perfect. Same as blenny, he's still eating and swimming around active.
Could be sand or even lympho which would fall off

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have found none that really work they might take the spots away but ich will forever remain in your tank if you have a reef there are NO options that work for ich ….just like herpies you may not see it but that stuffs still in ya
I had a velvet outbreak May of 2020 with over $2000 of tangs in tank alone. Happened when I introduced Achilles and I on a sunday only had access to reef safe Polyp Lab MEDIC and 2 days later added Ruby Rally Reef. Saved all but my Chevron Tang.
NEVER had an outbreak since. Managing good water quality and diet contributes to health of fish

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone suggested, that may be lympho. If it's only the one spot on the front of the dorsal fin, it could also just be a mucus plug. If that's all you see, just monitor to see if it goes away naturally. If it get bigger, or more appear, treat more aggressively.

OP
OP
V

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone suggested, that may be lympho. If it's only the one spot on the front of the dorsal fin, it could also just be a mucus plug. If that's all you see, just monitor to see if it goes away naturally. If it get bigger, or more appear, treat more aggressively.
OK, watching it for now. Should he still be treated with copper since blenny has ich ? I was planning on moving all 4 fish to medic tank and letting main go fallow, just not sure for how long ....

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, watching it for now. Should he still be treated with copper since blenny has ich ? I was planning on moving all 4 fish to medic tank and letting main go fallow, just not sure for how long ....
If any of the fish have crypto/ich, then yes, all should be treated in QT with copper.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lympho likely. The white nodules which are cauliflower looking growths can grow both externally and internally making signs and symptoms not always visible but good water quality and diet often send these nodules into remission.
Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size in which is how you know it’s not Ich due to size.
Assure ammonia-nitrate-ph not elevated.
What test kits are you using ?
What foods are you feeding ?

Note, this may have started LFS and Their water

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a velvet outbreak May of 2020 with over $2000 of tangs in tank alone. Happened when I introduced Achilles and I on a sunday only had access to reef safe Polyp Lab MEDIC and 2 days later added Ruby Rally Reef. Saved all but my Chevron Tang.
NEVER had an outbreak since. Managing good water quality and diet contributes to health of fish
I’ve tried medic from polyp labs I noticed the spots would fall off but they were still itching maybe I could of used it longer maybe it would of worked better but out of all of the ones I’ve used polyp labs deff did a difference I just don’t think it’s kills the ichs eggs as well they reproduce very fast…also noted I did use a uv and followed directions if I remember right your supposed to turn it off or something ….but I believe uv light helps as well even tho people will disagree hard

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just saw video. This looks like a nick that has developed bacteria. Lympho nodule generally larger than ich but not that large.
Kanaplex or neoplex would be a cure in separate tank. Keep an eye on it. If GOOD water quality and diet are provided, this could subside

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant imagine you had ich but rather lymph or similar. Ich only progresses to the point of death as you will have constant cysts, tromont and trophant stages in which the parasites become infinite
Bunch of white dots ? Blue hippo tang ?? Lol they’re prone to ich if you know anything about them ….but yea it was ich I’ve had it for 7 years….a big belly I believe helps the fishes body not get rid of the parasite but able to live with it….I mean there’s gotta be ich in the ocean right do they just all die ?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Bunch of white dots ? Blue hippo tang ?? Lol they’re prone to ich if you know anything about them ….but yea it was ich I’ve had it for 7 years….a big belly I believe helps the fishes body not get rid of the parasite but able to live with it….I mean there’s gotta be ich in the ocean right do they just all die ?
I know anything about them ? Never had ich with mine - 5 years now

1648428294100.png

OP
OP
V

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lympho likely. The white nodules which are cauliflower looking growths can grow both externally and internally making signs and symptoms not always visible but good water quality and diet often send these nodules into remission.
Initially it may be small (looks like Ich), but then grows in size in which is how you know it’s not Ich due to size.
Assure ammonia-nitrate-ph not elevated.
What test kits are you using ?
What foods are you feeding ?

Note, this may have started LFS and Their water
I am using api but started investing into Hanna checkers. So far I have pH, phos and the copper checker just came today. Gonna go ahead with qt all four fish then today. Used a large biopure brick from main tank to fast cycle qt and ghost fed it two days ago. No ammonia has shown up yet.

I'm feeding mix of frozen brine, seaweed delight, pe mysis a d pellet I'm using chromo boost and from new life spectrum using algeamax , marine fish and probiotic. Just kinda swit h randomly between them trying to keep and good mix

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am using api but started investing into Hanna checkers. So far I have pH, phos and the copper checker just came today. Gonna go ahead with qt all four fish then today. Used a large biopure brick from main tank to fast cycle qt and ghost fed it two days ago. No ammonia has shown up yet.

I'm feeding mix of frozen brine, seaweed delight, pe mysis a d pellet I'm using chromo boost and from new life spectrum using algeamax , marine fish and probiotic. Just kinda swit h randomly between them trying to keep and good mix
With api- you will see no ammonia but likely there
You can take a water sample to a trusted LFS that does not use API test kits and see what readings they come up with

OP
OP
V

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20220328_085511.jpg
    20220328_085511.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
V

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a picture of how I've set up the qt tank. Heater, low flow pump head, off tank filter, and just pvc and piece of barnacle coral I'll never use in main tank.

Should I acclimate them to the copper slowly or dose to correct range right away?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 163 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back