Midas blenny

Philliesphan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
133
Reaction score
23
Location
Lebanon
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm sure this question has been asked here a bunch before. I'd like to add a Midas Blenny to my 60g aquarium. Currently have 2 clowns, diamond goby, coral beauty angel, pistol shrimp, snails, and a hermit. Also have green star polyps, waving anthelia, toadstool leather, tree leather, and a zoa. I'd like to add an active fish that's "reef safe" and non aggressive.
 
Hey everyone! I'm sure this question has been asked here a bunch before. I'd like to add a Midas Blenny to my 60g aquarium. Currently have 2 clowns, diamond goby, coral beauty angel, pistol shrimp, snails, and a hermit. Also have green star polyps, waving anthelia, toadstool leather, tree leather, and a zoa. I'd like to add an active fish that's "reef safe" and non aggressive.
I’ve read this many times and it starts off saying there’s a question and then there’s no question
 
Midas blenny should be fine to add. I suggest getting a barnacle off of amazon, they LOVE those to hang out in!
 
So do you have any opinion on the Midas Blenny? Or just an opinion on my post? I'm sorry my post didn't meet YOUR standards....
I don’t see you asking for an opinion until now. You didn’t ask anything in that first post. Compatibility with your existing fish? Suitability for tank size. Personality of the fish? Positive experiences or horror stories?

Sorry you’re offended because someone was confused by your lack of clarity. It’s not that it didn’t meet my standards, I legitimitly didn’t know what info you were looking for, and don’t feel like writing a novel answering every possible question someone might have.

It’s a great reef safe fish that has a lot of personality and always is out in the water column.

Slight risk with the goby due to similar body shape but they should work it out and have space in a 60g. Might be some chasing / establishing boundaries in the first week
 
Last edited:
I don’t see you asking for an opinion until now. You didn’t ask anything in that first post. Compatibility with your existing fish? Suitability for tank size. Personality of the fish? Positive experiences or horror stories?

Sorry you’re offended because someone was confused by your lack of clarity. It’s not that it didn’t meet my standards, I legitimitly didn’t know what info you were looking for, and don’t feel like writing a novel answering every possible question someone might have.

It’s a great reef safe fish that has a lot of personality and always is out in the water column.

Slight risk with the goby due to similar body shape but they should work it out and have space in a 60g. Might be some chasing / establishing boundaries in the first week
I agree. I had a midas and diamond head. Both about 3 inches and they were fine. The problem was the just-turned-adult maroon. He became bully and stressed all the fish.
 
One thing to note if you do pull the trigger. Midas blennies need to be fed several times a day
That is not true, at least mine doesn’t get fed several times. I feed every day or every other day and he is fine. Had him for around a year.
 
midas need a good diet with meats such as LRS fish frenzy. Eating all day may not apply as it would with anthias fish
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new