Midas Blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter cimmorine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cimmorine

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
252
Reaction score
2
Location
va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that its not recommended to have 2 midas blennies in an aquarium but I am trying to pair them up.
Has anyone successfully paired one up or tell them apart (male or female)?

Thanks
 
Well, I was 100% wrong. So, disregard that last comment.

It's actually fairly difficult to find out information on breeding them. Maybe you can give a wholesaler that sells Aqua cultured fish a call and see if they can shed any light.

I'd be very interested in what you find out.
 
Will do!
Thanks for the idea because I have been researching and researching but no luck. I did find some where that if you do pair them that they must be introduced at the same time. However, everything else that I have read contradicts this theory.....
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389820622.978296.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389820674.294046.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389820708.542985.jpg

Here are some pictures of my pair of midas blennies, they've been spawning every 10-14 days since May 2013. First pic is male guarding eggs. 2nd female. 3rd male and female spawning, male' head gets dark coloration, and dark blotches on body. I did not introduce these fish together. Male 1st, and smaller fish unknown sex 3 months after. I guess I got lucky ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new