Midas Blenny

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any information on midas blenny? Thinking about getting one for my tank but thought I would ask around first.
Tank Info
55gal
80lbs of LR
40lbs of live sand
Stock list & sizes
Two spot goby , 1"
Cowfish 2.5"
Ghost ribbon eel, almost a foot long
Dragon goby, 1 1/2"
Mandarin dragonnet 2"
Valentini puffer 2"
Clown 1 1/2"
Filefish 2 1/2"

In the process of building a 150gal to move everyone to in 6mths
Do you think I should hold off or would he be okay in the tank right now? Anything will help! Thanks :)

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any information on midas blenny? Thinking about getting one for my tank but thought I would ask around first.
Tank Info
55gal
80lbs of LR
40lbs of live sand
Stock list & sizes
Two spot goby , 1"
Cowfish 2.5"
Ghost ribbon eel, almost a foot long
Dragon goby, 1 1/2"
Mandarin dragonnet 2"
Valentini puffer 2"
Clown 1 1/2"
Filefish 2 1/2"

In the process of building a 150gal to move everyone to in 6mths
Do you think I should hold off or would he be okay in the tank right now? Anything will help! Thanks :)
I love Midas Blennies! I have both a Midas and Flame Tail Blenny in my 200 gallon. If you are upgrading in 6 months you might want to wait until you upgrade. When you pick out your Midas I would get a medium sized one instead of a tiny one. They take too frozen easily, but I always make sure they are eatting at the LFS first. Here is a pic of mine hanging out in my toadstool....lol...
83af41032bb717bbf70e286ad67396ce.jpg

OP
OP
Bunnyspit

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes so cute! They honestly have so much personality. We may be getting rid of our newest addition, the dragon goby. Hes pretty agressive toward the two spot who's been in our tank for over a year now and my fiancee is pretty attached to him. Not even five minutes ago my two spot was sifting and the dragon came out of nowhere and chased him away just to retreat back into his hole.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes so cute! They honestly have so much personality. We may be getting rid of our newest addition, the dragon goby. Hes pretty agressive toward the two spot who's been in our tank for over a year now and my fiancee is pretty attached to him. Not even five minutes ago my two spot was sifting and the dragon came out of nowhere and chased him away just to retreat back into his hole.
Oh no! Been there and done that. I don't blame you. In my experience agression hardly ever gets better it seems! You will be happy with a Midas!!!

OP
OP
Bunnyspit

Bunnyspit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes been in the tank for about a week and it seems like the aggression is just getting worse.. I feel bad for taking it back but.. I rather not let him bully my two spot to death

Jerett83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in QT right now and its been the easiest fish Ive had to date go into QT. It hasn't hid once and is out swimming around fearlessly and its been eating frozen from the first day it went in.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fish...definitely the favorite in my tank right now. Mine is about 3" long and seems to hold her own in the tank...she seems to be the boss over the female clown as well!

AoD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3” one as well. Definitely runs the tank. Always front and center and takes food out of my fingers. Super cute and fun to watch. Favorite fish by far.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back