OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in the 4g that's growing slowly. Once it gets a bit bigger and we know we're going to be around each other for trades (or I nut up and ship) I'll start a cutting for you.
PXL_20220502_122821349.jpg
and i have death gardens filling in.
you are going to have to travel.
if @DiefsReef travels to fishdude's over the summer/fall, i can get them as far as atlanta.
r2r express.
please advise.:cool:

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TCK Corals Live

AIO Combo
1651551852789.jpeg

Fascination Favia

1651551824465.jpeg

Space Favia
1651551792156.jpeg

Spicy Lemon Favia
1651551810429.jpeg
Well then... aren't those nice. Good score bird hunter.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried this since I have no live rock in the tank.

coralline.jpg

CORALLINE ALGAE & NITRIFYING BACTERIA:

• Unique 2 in 1 formula contains both live coralline algae spores and active nitrifying bacteria.
  • Every bottle includes 7 separate species of coralline, this maximizes the color variations and varieties that will populate throughout your tank.
  • Purple Helix blend algae strains are highly epiphytic stains that will help to outcompete other nuisance algae and diatoms.
  • Effective in improving water quality by controlling ammonia and nitrite levels.
  • Aids in rapidly establishing your tanks biological filtration using fresh multi-strain bacteria bottled on the day that it is shipped.
  • 100% all natural formula. No sulfur, copper, or phosphates.
  • Highest concentration of beneficial nitrifying bacteria which remove harmful nitrogenous waste.
  • Establishes a natural organic balance in your aquarium.
  • Helps cycle new fish tanks and eliminate new tank syndrome.
  • Safe for use in all reef tanks and with all species of fish and coral.
So I contacted them and told them I was still cycling and they said no problem, that their product would assist with the cycle do to the nitrifying bacteria.
When the product arrived these were the parameters required for it to work...

Tank Requirements for Optimal Growth

Temperature: Between 78-82 degrees It is Important that temperature remains as stable as possible.

Salinity: 1.026 (Must remain stable, cannot fluctuate more than 0.001 in 24 hours)

PH: Keep a stable pH level between 8.1-8.3 (always test at the same time of day)

Calcium: >440mg/L

Ammonia: As close to 0 ppm as possible

Phosphates: < 0.25 ppm

Nitrate: < 5 ppm

Alkalinity: Keep a stable KA level of 2.8 meq/L for alkalinity or carbonate hardness (the concentration of carbonate and bicarbonate). Your level can be +/- up to 0.14 meq/L. Having a correct KA level in your tank has a stabilizing effect on your pH

Lighting: Lighting is key. The intensity, or “PAR” level, of your lighting shouldn’t be too high and the duration of your photo period should be somewhat close to the natural duration of the sun. Your aquarium shouldn’t receive full intensity or “noon” lighting for 10 hours because that is not natural and it will bleach out corals and the coralline will not grow. Coralline Algae LOVES Actinic and blue spectrum lighting. In the beginning we advise to lengthen the time that your actinic only lighting stays on by an additional 1-3 hours daily.

I run my tank temp 75-76 always.
I'm not using, nor will I ever use, an ATO so my salinity will fluctuate more than .001 over 24 hours periodically.
My Nitrates are usually pushing 15-25ppm

I had zip zero nadda no coralline growth until I started adding frags that had coralline growing on them and I got some scrapings from my LFS.

Grade Fail.

Always wondered if these worked. Never used them.

Thanks for the review,

B-Kind

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water change tonight.
took 15g outta the sump.
started pumping water back in from the brut anddddd
saw something shiny.
over flowed the sump and probably put 5/10g's on the floor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geez, I swear one way or another we will always flood something. The second time i setup my RODI system upstairs it overflowed...The wife from our main floor, "Husband, the light fixture is leaking on my head." Doh :eek:

Whoops!

B-Kind

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that aquascape and coral growth really created a lot of depth in your tank. The fish look like they are coming from everywhere.

I also love the look of a 'Tall' tank but i have these little arms and i would be snorkeling every time i tried to work on something in the lower sections. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

big t rex GIF

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that aquascape and coral growth really created a lot of depth in your tank. The fish look like they are coming from everywhere.

I also love the look of a 'Tall' tank but i have these little arms and i would be snorkeling every time i tried to work on something in the lower sections. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

big t rex GIF
thanks.
and it's amazing what one can do with a ladder, 18" forceps, and your significant other directing you from the front of the tank.
her: left.... left.... my left... not your left. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes they still play.
not with that much energy.
other times they are aggressively attacking each other.
i have yet to see what sets them off.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back