Milky white water

tommybret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mixed some salt for my nano, I am using distilled water and reef crystals, but about an hour before mixing I added a small amount of Seachem reef buffer, and now my tank is super milky white! Is there anyway to fix this, or should I just wait for it to clear?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mixed some salt for my nano, I am using distilled water and reef crystals, but about an hour before mixing I added a small amount of Seachem reef buffer, and now my tank is super milky white! Is there anyway to fix this, or should I just wait for it to clear?
How much did you add?
Youre supposed to make it into a stock solution a dose it. Not add it directly to the tank...

Do you know your ph and alkalinity???

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Buffer will do this and be it known, no reason for buffer if youre adding newly mixed seawater which contains all elemenrts, buffers, minerals, etc.
It will dissipate

OP
OP
T

tommybret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much did you add?
Youre supposed to make it into a stock solution a dose it. Not add it directly to the tank...

Do you know your ph and alkalinity???
It's fine, it cleared, but it did snow. Unlike some salt people, I do not have expensive tests or testers, I run on a very very limited budget. I use test strips, my ph is 8.3 , KH is 155, and GH is 125

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back