Milletseed Butterflyfish (Chaetodon miliaris) - August 18 2023 release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota released the Milletseed Butterflyfish (Chaetodon miliaris) on 8/18 which quickly sold out. Who was lucky to purchase one? I saw the in stock notification around 11:15 PST and noticed by 11:35 they are gone. ISP and email latency time will vary but they seem to have gone quickly.

Hawaiian endemic. Captive bred or raised from Biota. Beautiful fish at a great price. Few notes from my experience after some time in my care:

• Prefers to forage - could be curiosity
  • Follows my Copperband around which is interesting
  • Eating LRS Fish, Reef, baby brine frozen. Picks at TDO pellet
  • No noticeable coral damage or snacking

Outside of that review your fish list / tank mates because some may surprise you in their aggression towards the Milletseed. I don't know why but my Pink Square Anthias harass it when they get a visible line of sight on it. I should have put it in my refugium which was my original plan of action. Just miscalculated the anthias. I don't have any torn fins and it is eating so hopefully it works out in the long run. Very active fish hugging the reef. Not too much of an open swimmer for me like my Zoster or Pyramid but that could be due to the anthias.

Thanks @Biota_Marine for another amazing fish that is added to the production line.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back