Milwaukee MA887 Digital Salinity Refractometer

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
1,034
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have one of these? I just got mine and notice that the temp on the screen shows 71 when my tank water is 78. Does this show water temp or room temp?
 
A sample of only a few drops will very quickly acclimate to what the room temperature is, a larger sample will take much much longer
 
Mine has always read much lower as well....as Paranoiattack91 stated, I believe it is due to the very small amount of water cooling extremely quickly.
 
Mine has always read much lower as well....as Paranoiattack91 stated, I believe it is due to the very small amount of water cooling extremely quickly.
Same here. I have mine for about five years now and have a question for you all. My meter with a new battery will give three different results using the same sample. Anyone else notice this?
 
Same here. I have mine for about five years now and have a question for you all. My meter with a new battery will give three different results using the same sample. Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, I have noticed that as well.....normally calibrating it resolves the issue. They actually recommend you calibrate it before every sample using RO/DI water. I will test the water and if it is something that I am not expecting, I will calibrate and test again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new