Min S and other fauna marin foods for SPS tanks nutritional analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fauna Marin,
I have a few questions about Min S and the some other coral foods you recommend for sps tanks.

what is the nutritional analysis for MIN S? I want to how much of an impact the trace elements will have on my system, and what trace elements are included. I did my first ICP test and got the results back today and am looking for a solution for my deficiencies that will support my tank, rather than buying the single element bottles straight away. im trying to decide which route is most economical, easiest and best for me to tackle the deficiencies from the results with. I plan to do large water changes to correct the parameters then use the sps booster mix; will this be enough for sps frag dominant tank, few zoas and torch lps too (led lighting, live marco rock, fiji pink sand) - (lots of biomedia / kalkwasser drip and skimmer ) suggestions please :)

I read the HTU for MIN S and planned to use the SPS booster mix recipe (min s, coral sprint, amin). is this enough to support coral physiology and coloration? I'm wondering about the overlap with and between other products like coral vitality, and organic; I noticed they also contain amino's and trace elements. how do they fit in and cooperate with sps booster recipe, is the overlap too much? without analysis its hard to be certain. suggestions please :)

for MIN S , I bought in bulk (1000ml large bottle ) and want to freeze it with intentions of going 2.5 years past the expiration date, according to sps booster mix recipe usage rate . I also want to freeze Amin. freezing should extend the product life past the expiration date im assuming. can you confirm please :)

thanks!, looking forward to using fauna marin!
Avish

ps ive attached my ICP if you want a closer look!

Attachments

• ICP 69 gallon mixed reef avish.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 34

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
oh that not a easy question, MINS is a natural product, so the ammount of traces can be slightly different from one batch to the next, But due to the way how it works it has more effect in reduction of elements and not that it will raise up the levels. When you start to dose start with 25% of the recommended dosage and check what happens, mostly is enough. You can freeze teh product so it lasts way longer

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%

Back