Mini reef setup

fearlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
8
Location
Englewood
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a mini reef attached to my 300 gallon system, im using a ice cap medium dosing container for the mini display.. I have a frogspawn I want to put in there by himself, my question is at that small of a space for him to go straight in sand or on a rock? Id rather avoid putting sand in as its not very deep already, I have a candy cane frag in there now just for a temp home.
FYI I do plan on fragging as he grows more heads.. ill keep him at 4 heads as he is now witch fits in this ice cap with room to sway without touching sides


[ current setup, 2 displays, 1 is a 90 gal tall the other is a 70 gal long. Plan to add a custom 4 ft x 1ft x 1ft frag holding tank. Filter system is 3 stages of 30gal tanks each cleaning and polishing water finishing of in a figi sump with hygger heater, reef octopus skimmer, 25watt uv sterilizer. I use a hugger 10000 return pump] fluval marine lights on everything]

17533278052032150823340461021660.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thats what I was figuring, just wasn't sure if there was a benefit to using the sand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new