Mini skimmer for evo 13.5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter emd3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

emd3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Berkley
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm downgrading my 75gallon reef tank to an old evo 13.5 gallon I have. So it will be full of coral - and a pair of clowns and a goby.
I have heard the skimmer from fluval mini isn't great - what other skimmers could I get that would fit in that other compartment?
Or would the chemipure be enough for even that tank full of coral?
Thank you!
 
Not sure what size skimmer will fit. I just put a mini Q in my IM 20.
Just throwing this out there. A skimmer isn't always a necessity. I run an acro dominant tank with nothing buy a reefmat for filtration. Two years in and I think its doing okay.
PXL_20250208_220255915~5.jpg
 
Check out the Reef Octopus NS80 it may be able to fit back there.
 
I have the Bubble Magus on my IM 14 gallon. It's a work horse, and priced well.
 
I have the Bubble Magus on my IM 14 gallon. It's a work horse, and priced well.
Thanks I'm going to buy it. I was looking at that as a good option. Hopefully it's just what I need :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new