Minimum salinity for Hanna marine phosphorus checker?

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 75 pounds of old live rock and a bunch of sand which is full of phosphates and die off.

My plan is to soak the rock in RO/DI water which I’ll change out at least once a day. After that I’ll mix up some saltwater and retest. What is the minimum salinity for the marine hanna phosphorus checker LR?

Until I get the phosphates under control I want to use mainly RO/DI water to soak and clean the rock. Like I said earlier I want to use as little salt as I can until the curing process is far enough along to start seeding with bristle worms and some hermit crabs.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 75 pounds of old live rock and a bunch of sand which is full of phosphates and die off.

My plan is to soak the rock in RO/DI water which I’ll change out at least once a day. After that I’ll mix up some saltwater and retest. What is the minimum salinity for the marine hanna phosphorus checker LR?

Until I get the phosphates under control I want to use mainly RO/DI water to soak and clean the rock. Like I said earlier I want to use as little salt as I can until the curing process is far enough along to start seeding with bristle worms and some hermit crabs.
Thread below

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back