Missing Kenya tree!?

Josiah_445

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I picked up 3 small frags of Kenya tree and have placed them on a singular rock and today I noticed there was only 2 frags. They haven’t had time to attach to the rock yet but I can’t find it anywhere! There looks to be pieces of it on the other side of the tank but I’m not sure I will have to check in the morning when the lights turn on, maybe one of my snails or hermit crabs messed with it. What I’m mostly worried about is that I thought I read they release toxins when disturbed. Can anyone confirm and suggest a next step if true.?
 
It will be fine. It likely fell off the rock and is buried in the sand somewhere or behind a rock. No need to worry about toxins.
 
Upvote 0
you are fine. Most likely it fell and it’s in between the rocks.
I would place Kenya trees on small rocks to isolate them. That way I would move them around the tank whenever I work on my rockscape
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new