Missing new addition!!!

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
15
Location
Cleveland TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am soooo bummed! I have wanted a fire shrimp for a long time. I finally bought one Saturday. Brought it home, took my time acclimating and then added to the tank. I haven't seen him since :( I know they can hide for the first few days but I would think I would have seen it by now. I only have a 58 gallon tank. I didnt drip acclimate but slowly added water to the bag before adding to the tank. The same way I have done othe inverts in the past. Just bummed out, after wanting one for a long while and then finally bringing one home to have it be MIA SUCKS!!!!
 
Maybe it didnt like you? HEHE! Sorry had to. Give it some time, sometimes they wiil find a crevace in the back of the tank and hide for awhile. you should have at least seen its carapace if it died. better chance that it is still alive if you havent seen its body floating around
 
Unless you have a shrimp eating fish, it is just hiding and they are more nocturnal and under leds, and actinics it will show up, just give it a few days. That is why if you notice there is very little LR in the LRS, and the lights are always on when open, tanks, so you can see the species, but in your reef tank there is a ton of rock for species to be in there natural habitat, and under your lighting schedule, they will be in a natural habitat. Heck I only see part of my Purple Lobster a few times a week at night with the moon leds on and his caprese when he molts, other wise i would not know it was still there and alive!!!
 
I think he will show up. I bought 3 peppermint shrimp, and after adding to the tank, I couldn't fine 2 of them for months. I found 1, 3 months later in the sump, and one night while watching the tank, I found the other. I only get a glimpse of the 2 in the DT about once or twice a month, they hide very good.
My cleaner shrimp behaved the same way when I first got them, but now they come out all the time.
 
FOUND THE MISSING SHRIMP!! WOOHOO!!

As I was feeding last night I got a glimpse of movement within the rocks. Sure enough there he was. So missing fire shrimp is present and accounted for!

Guess next time I should learn a little patience.....NAH!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new