Missing tangoroa goby

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gal with 2 saddleback clowns, neon goby, pajama cardinal and a tangoroa goby and pistol shrimp pair. In the past few days, I haven’t seen the tangoroa goby anywhere. It’s usually o and about and whenever the shrimp comes out the goby is with it. I thought maybe it jumped out, but I do have a lid and I checked the areas surrounding the tank. I thought maybe my rock flower nem ate it but I don’t see any remains. I have also lost two Midas blennys the same way. Anyone have a similar experience or know what’s going on? This is a really upsetting pattern. I keep loosing fish. The burrow is under the main rock structure and I don’t want to lift it because it may cause my scape to collapse. And I don’t want to hurt the shrimp what should I do? Any input is helpful. Thanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is you tank and did you start with dry rock? I've heard of people losing lower tank fish due to the dreaded mantis shrimp. just an out of the box thought

OP
OP
N

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. Tank is a total of 8 months old I believe. I am using dry rock so I don’t think mantis shrimp is the answer. I do want to restock the fish I lost but I want to know why it died so I can fix that problem before buying more fish

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that hid under the rocks constantly. Then just dissappeaered. Oh well won't be buying one again. Get yourself a cool Randall's Goby instead.

OP
OP
N

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was actually thinking about that maybe it’s just bad luck he didn’t seem to feed as readily as the others maybe he was underfed. Anyways I’ll probably go with the Randall’s. Will my shrimp pair with a new goby?

OP
OP
N

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, assuming that it died due to not getting proper feeding, do I need to find the corpse? I don’t want it to break down and cause an ammonia spike. The problem is I think it’s in my shrimps burrow and I don’t want to stick tweezers into it and possible stress out or hurt the shrimp. What should I do

Back