Mitras 7206

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I usb connect my Mitras to GCC it immediately connects with no issues, can save settings, etc. however when I go to perform the firmware update in the newest GCC it says that the usb is not found even though it is fine when doing everything else in GCC. Any suggestions on how to get it to update from 1.13 to 1.14 ??

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah. That’s exactly what I did. However as soon as I verify the com once in GCC it shows a yellow triangle and says it’s not found/damaged even though the light is already connected and configurable in GCC. This isn’t my first update. I’ve had my Mitras for 5 years. First time it says that the usb is damaged when trying to do a firmware update all while having total access and control in GCC. Any other suggestions ??

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. That’s exactly what I did. However as soon as I verify the com once in GCC it shows a yellow triangle and says it’s not found/damaged even though the light is already connected and configurable in GCC. This isn’t my first update. I’ve had my Mitras for 5 years. First time it says that the usb is damaged when trying to do a firmware update all while having total access and control in GCC. Any other suggestions ??
The COM port used for normal communication is not the same as the USBVCOM port used for firmware update.

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I updated 2 of my 4 lights. The 2 that won’t update don’t even register on the computer at all. No error, no nothing. Then I tried connecting the ones I updated and they don’t register either. No error, no connection, no nothing so I suspect that my usb cable may be damaged internally. I’ll get a new one and see what happens after that.

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the firmware updates went through with a new usb cable, however I continually get a failed update to the WiFi firmware. It starts to update then just closes. If I power the light off then on again (like the tool asks) and connect to GCC the WiFi area is blank and greyed out

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On one Mitras I had the yellow error triangle on the “usb serial device” in the device manager. However when following the video instructions it said “the best drivers for your device are already installed” and there is still a yellow triangle and I am unable to connect to the Mitras through GCC. Any other suggestions? I am using windows 11, not 10.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a a few issues updating my brand new 7206 from 1.1 to 1.4
I am also not sure if is just my light or the design, but the USB connector is fairly deep behind the fixture face and the connection feels "wiggly" and is very delicate.

Not sure if that helps, but it could still be a bad connection?

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got it. Updated my windows and it worked. Funny I had no problems at all on the other 3 units, just the very last one. Never can go smoothly. Now on to the SA doser to see if it’s up to date

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it. Updated my windows and it worked. Funny I had no problems at all on the other 3 units, just the very last one. Never can go smoothly. Now on to the SA doser to see if it’s up to date
Windows enumerated USB ports to driver mappings can be really quirky (to say the least). I was having all sorts or problems using parallels with windows 10 on a Mac.

I actually formatted a Dell Optiplex 3040 Micro with a fresh install of windows just to run GCC and do firmware updates... and still ran into a few problems, but I think mine were related to trying to take too big a jump (1.1 to 1.4) and the USB physical connection issues I mentioned.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did firmware on Mitras -- did not know i had to do wifi separately. Will go look now and see if I have issue.
Is your USB port right at the surface, or recessed? I am having a heck of a time keeping a good connection. Light is brand now (out of box 1 day, sitting on cloth on desk.

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cover plate can be a tad loose around the port but all in all mine hold the cable fine. Yes wifi needs updated separately. It’s at 7141 now I believe. You’ll pull your hair out doing the WiFi if it doesn’t take the first go around. I got 3 of mine done today and gave up on the 4th till tomorrow.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what mine looks like:
917F8B15-A1AC-46A0-889C-7308B9A0CB49.jpeg

Brand new unit - The USB cable barely connects. I can likely take it apart and fix whatever needs to be moved, but I shouldn't have to. I opened a ticket before doing anything. FWIW my 1 month old KH director crapped out today. 2 Tests per 24 hours. Started making noise and vibrating, read 200K dKH then tests following read 0 dKH. No leaks, nothing blocked. Think it just went bad. Ticket for that also. Not having the best of luck with this equipment so far.

Ohh and my PowerBar 6E - the PAB connector is like the photo above as well... so far in that I can't unlatch the connected PAB cable. Guessing it was assembled with the board in the wrong position or something.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they are all that way - It just concerns me because it is just barely connected and that allows not only the connection to drop, but allows the cord weight to wobble out the female connector or leverage loose on the board. There really should be full mating contact and a firm connection.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a few mm makes a big difference, but I guess they are all set back to an extent. Maybe cover flex, and tolerances come into play.

Thanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back