Mixed parameters for hw-wiegandt reefer

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the stated mixed parameters for hw-weigandt reefer salt mix?
I’ve searched their website, the “other” site and here to no avail. Just curious because I just got my 2nd box for water changes today and want to make sure. I didn’t know to “mix” the last box before I used and have ended up with high Mg. Last h2o change the newly mixed was 1475. Mainly just curious what to expect Alk, Ca and Mg to be. Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the stated mixed parameters for hw-weigandt reefer salt mix?
I’ve searched their website, the “other” site and here to no avail. Just curious because I just got my 2nd box for water changes today and want to make sure. I didn’t know to “mix” the last box before I used and have ended up with high Mg. Last h2o change the newly mixed was 1475. Mainly just curious what to expect Alk, Ca and Mg to be. Thanks
Nott sure if this helps but on BRS website it says Upon BRS analysis - hw-Marinemix Reefer contained Calcium at 445-450 ppm, Alk of 9.0 dKH, Magnesium at 1380 ppm at a salinity of 1.026

txjuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is from March but did you ever get any answers to this question? I have the HW marinemix reefer as well and I am mixing with 7 stage brs RODI and all params seem off to me too. I am getting high kh (consistently 12 measured with salifert and api tests correctly).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back