Shipping
YES shipping is available

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multibar, Purple Mask, Majestic, Colin's, and Goldflake Angelfish are 10% off at Biota while supplies last

Have you always dreamed of a mixed angelfish aquarium but don't want to risk mixing them? DID YOU KNOW "large" and "dwarf"
angelfish species tend to mix surprisingly well with one another? Marine aquarium compatibility charts list these two different types of angelfish as "compatible," while mixing similar types should be approached "with caution" or "not at all." It's true, angelfish are aggressive toward conspecifics, but the two different types don't view each other as similar enough to be a threat. Our customers report that mixing captive bred angelfish is even easier than mixing wild caught angelfish because they're used to sharing their space with their siblings.

Dwarf Angelfish species examples: Colin's, Purple Mask, Multibar, Coral Beauty, Lemonpeel, and other Centropyge spp.
Large Angelfish species examples: Majestic, Goldflake, Regal, Genicanthus spp., Apolemichthys spp., and Pomacanthus spp.

As with any fish pairing that has the potential to become a problem, it's always wise to use an acclimation box to introduce them in safety, use aggression reducing techniques, and have a backup plan in case things don't work out.

If you have ever mixed angelfish species, please share your experiences!

MARINE ANGELFISH COMPATIBILITY (1).png

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame angel (dwarf) and japanese swallowtail in my 80 gallon lagoon tank, and after about 2 weeks of the flame chasing the swallowtail, things have really settled down between them.

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multibar, Purple Mask, Majestic, Colin's, and Goldflake Angelfish are 10% off at Biota while supplies last

Have you always dreamed of a mixed angelfish aquarium but don't want to risk mixing them? DID YOU KNOW "large" and "dwarf"
angelfish species tend to mix surprisingly well with one another? Marine aquarium compatibility charts list these two different types of angelfish as "compatible," while mixing similar types should be approached "with caution" or "not at all." It's true, angelfish are aggressive toward conspecifics, but the two different types don't view each other as similar enough to be a threat. Our customers report that mixing captive bred angelfish is even easier than mixing wild caught angelfish because they're used to sharing their space with their siblings.

Dwarf Angelfish species examples: Colin's, Purple Mask, Multibar, Coral Beauty, Lemonpeel, and other Centropyge spp.
Large Angelfish species examples: Majestic, Goldflake, Regal, Genicanthus spp., Apolemichthys spp., and Pomacanthus spp.

As with any fish pairing that has the potential to become a problem, it's always wise to use an acclimation box to introduce them in safety, use aggression reducing techniques, and have a backup plan in case things don't work out.

If you have ever mixed angelfish species, please share your experiences!

MARINE ANGELFISH COMPATIBILITY (1).png
Only thing I see that may or may not cause a problem is the Lemonpeel, Goldflake and the majestic. Similar shape and color

cj02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angelfish can live together in peace. They just need room to swim and hide. Currently I have an emperator, queen, annularis, regal-indo, lemonpeel and flame in my 300. They all eat like champs and don’t bug each other aside from an occasional quick stare down.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a adult Blue Face with a African Flameback and a Flame Angel. I did have a Cherub as well but the tank got an Ich outbreak and it passed. All 4 were together for 6 months with no problems. 225 Display Tank with lots of hiding places.

Think of adding a Bi-Colored. I think he would fit in.

Back