Mixing ecosystems...

SueAbu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Until yesterday, I had 4 very peaceful clownfish"... is how I started my first thread today. Now I know I need to move 2 of them to another tank.
Backstory: my other tank is home to some coast of Maine periwinkle snails that my preschool grandson and hubby brought home one day after I mentioned I needed to get more clean-up snails. ( Good thing they're both too adorable to shoot) Somehow, some of the snails have stayed alive in a warm water tank set up, so I left them there to keep it cycling. They have been there 3-4 weeks.

Question: Has anyone had experience mixing critters of different ecosystems? (To say it plain, I'll need to put 2 clownfish in that downstairs tank) What can anyone tell me about mixing wild and captive- bred? Even if I took out the snails, would anything be in the water that would hurt the fish?

Don't do it? Start from scratch?
Thanks!
Sue

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm not sure I understand, you just want to take fish out of one tank and put it in another tank? Its done all the time, fish goes to large company tank, then shipped to the store put into another tank, we buy it take it home into our tank, sometimes sell/give away to a friend to put into another tank.... just acclimate it normally, good luck

OP
OP
SueAbu

SueAbu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm not sure I understand, you just want to take fish out of one tank and put it in another tank? Its done all the time, fish goes to large company tank, then shipped to the store put into another tank, we buy it take it home into our tank, sometimes sell/give away to a friend to put into another tank.... just acclimate it normally, good luck
I'm wondering if the wild, north Atlantic, snails will hurt my tropicals.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back