Mixing Wrasses - 6' 155g

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rob.In.AZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rob.In.AZ

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
86
Reaction score
23
Location
Tucson, AZ
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

I am looking to add some more fish to my 6 foot 155g. I am going to add a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse for sure.

Can I add another wrasse? Flasher or Fairy or does it matter?
Any species to avoid? Any that would make a particularly good choice?
 
Hey all,

I am looking to add some more fish to my 6 foot 155g. I am going to add a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse for sure.

Can I add another wrasse? Flasher or Fairy or does it matter?
Any species to avoid? Any that would make a particularly good choice?
For the most part, flasher and most fairy wrasses mix well.

Fairy wrasse species to avoid are scottorum, filamentosus, adornatus.
 
Fairy and flasher Wrasses generally don't cause toooo much trouble. I had a laboutei, a lubbocki, and a trio of melanurus together with little aggression displayed towards anything but an unfortunate cleaner shrimp that the melanurus' turned on after a while.
 
Make sure that puppy is covered, though. Those guys will not hesitate to go carpet surfing if they sense the slightest aggression from another fish.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new