Mode Aquarium 100Gallon Build (first tank ever)

Zodi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I purchased a Mode 100 gallon almost 8 months ago still haven’t had time to set up...

Bill333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Shrive81,

That's a beautiful job with painting the return bulkheads. Can I ask what paint you used? I also recently bought an Infinity 100G and painting the bulkheads would be a nice visual upgrade.

Viet658

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Shrive81 for the build thread. I'm thinking about the 100g Infinity as well. Would you be able to measure the dimensions of the first chamber of the sump that is just after the socks? I was hoping I could fit my skimmer in there and then be able to use the middle chamber as a refugium.

Viet658

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya so I had issues with the drain setup they provide as you can control the water level to stay consistent so I cut the main drain approx 5-6" and took about 1" off the emergency drain and made it into a full Herbie style and it works WAY WAY better now...
Could you please take a picture of how the overflow looks now with the adjustment in drain pipes?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back