Modern day Virtuosos

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Virtuosity is a term generally applied to musicians and to a lesser extent artists. It's generally not only someone who has achieved mastery of an instrument (or Art), but beyond that, music (Art) seems to "pour" out of them, they move their audiences in ways that are indescribable and often evoke powerful feelings and emotions in their audience through their music (or Art).

I think we should have a thread to share some of these amazingly talented humans, and maybe inspire some of us, to venture out of our comfort zones.

This is the video that has inspired this thread. All I can say is "I'm absolutely floored by it!"

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Very enjoyable 6 minutes of my day. Love the rock/classic stuff. TSO is my jam.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17 years old, pretty incredible! I really liked her cover of Comfortably Numb and she was 15. I remember playing Guitar Hero and not getting through the first two stages:(. Thanks for sharing!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Virtuosity is a term generally applied to musicians and to a lesser extent artists. It's generally not only someone who has achieved mastery of an instrument (or Art), but beyond that, music (Art) seems to "pour" out of them, they move their audiences in ways that are indescribable and often evoke powerful feelings and emotions in their audience through their music (or Art).

I think we should have a thread to share some of these amazingly talented humans, and maybe inspire some of us, to venture out of our comfort zones.

This is the video that has inspired this thread. All I can say is "I'm absolutely floored by it!"

That digler is nice, and @Rick.45cal i never even realized untill now that your avatar has a guitar in it. Ive been playing guitar since i was 8 lol! Nice video man

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That digler is nice, and @Rick.45cal i never even realized untill now that your avatar has a guitar in it. Ive been playing guitar since i was 8 lol! Nice video man

That guitar is my design. (It's a work in progress. I should get off of Reef2Reef and work on it LOL)

Here's some teaser shots of the first batch...

Handcarved neck, laminated mohaganny, wenge, and curly maple (Neck body transition)
IMG_1339_zpspqmt1vsb.jpg

Front of the same body, after dyeing and nitrocellulose laquer. (The finish still needs to be leveled and buffed to a perfect high gloss)
IMG_2521_zpsnlvqws7e.jpg

You get the idea. These are entirely scratch built, by hand, by me. EVERYTHING including hand wound pickups is all done by myself. :)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That guitar is my design. (It's a work in progress. I should get off of Reef2Reef and work on it LOL)

Here's some teaser shots of the first batch...

Handcarved neck, laminated mohaganny, wenge, and curly maple (Neck body transition)
IMG_1339_zpspqmt1vsb.jpg

Front of the same body, after dyeing and nitrocellulose laquer. (The finish still needs to be leveled and buffed to a perfect high gloss)
IMG_2521_zpsnlvqws7e.jpg

You get the idea. These are entirely scratch built, by hand, by me. EVERYTHING including hand wound pickups is all done by myself. :)
Unbelievable man great woodwork, id love to make my own lol.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great pick'in. Check out Umphreys McGee, you won't be disappointed

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back