• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Modified Tunze mar-3181

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is my modified Tunze mar-3181 macroalgae reactor. It does not come with a pump. Body is blacked out with black vinyl. Ball valve plumbed in. The light is literally zipped tied. I ran this in-line with an oase thermo biomaster-250, which I also have for sale. This uses the oase pump if together. Also have glass lily pipes inflow/outflow, in line uv sterilizer, and Mame glass skimmer if interested.

$200 shipped for the Tunze.

047DD209-DB5D-49A6-9FD1-DDFFCD78FCFD.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your would need a pump and tubing. I do not have either. I ran it external, but with a oase canister filter, which has a pump and tubing.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it plumbed using the tubing that came with my oase 250. I believe it’s 1/2” ID. You can technically change the size of the barb if you want though. The current barbs are 1/2” and tight with plumbers tape. No glue or pvc cement. Plus it has a ball valve if you want to control flow. You should be able to use whatever pump works for you. If you get a pump that can be run externally you can plumb it outside of your tank. I believe some eheim pumps and most better quality dc pumps can do this. Or just throw in a little mag drive pump in the back of your aio.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yes, I was able to use my vectra s2 with the barb kit on the output and plumbed a 90 elbow with a 1/2” barb on the intake. I ran it on lowest possible.

Lister of smeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you recall what the thread types/sizes were on the reactor. I'm looking to do the same mod

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember. The bottom port might be a 3/4” thread and the top 1/2”.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back