Modifying 21ledusa ReefBar 68” LED - DIY Full Spectrum UV 380 nm to IR 870nm???

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I was thinking of buying 2 of these to supplement 3 AI Hydra 26’s for less shadowing on my 180 gallon

- https://www.21ledusa.com/aquarium_led_reefbar_pro_72_inch_Blue_Heavy_p/rbpbh66.htm

However, these only come with actinic blue LEDs, violet LEDs, and cool white LEDs. You may be asking, why not buy their “full spectrum” model? Well... they place red with blue and royal blue, something I do not want. Anyways, the two channels are shown below -

Channel 1 (Blue) -

x33 445nm Actinic Blue
x10 465nm Aqua Blue
x7 423nm “UV”

Channel 2 (White) -

x15 12,000k Cool White
x12 12,000k “Blueish” White (No idea how this differs from the normal 12,000k)

Now, I want the channels to be more like:

Channel 1 (Blue/Violet) -

x26 445nm Royal/Actinic Blue
x10 465nm Aqua/Regular Blue
x7 423nm Violet
x7 380nm True UV

Channel 2 (White and Accent Colors) -

x8 12,000k Cool White
x6 12,000k “Blueish” White
x3 3500k Warm White
x3 520nm Green
x4 660nm Deep Red
x3 840-870nm Infrared

I am not sure how to go about doing this. Does anyone know if this fixture can be modified the way I want it to be? They use Bridgelux 3w LEDs. I do not see on Bridgelux’s website that they offer colored LEDs besides royal blue. Could I use Cree or SemiLED LEDs instead for those?

Keep in mind that I am a 14 year old, and know little about DIY/Modified LEDs and the process involved in them. I do not know what the heck the parts or how what “soldering” is! If someone could break that down for me, that’d be great. Worst case worst, I can get my dad to help.

Legal Disclaimer - I don’t think I’ll have legal problems with this however, I believe, judging from the LED colors I want, its pretty obvious what brand’s spectrum I want to mimic/clone. I will not state their brand here, however, I will agree not to sell these modified lights nor will I redistribute or claim this spectrum as my own idea unless therefore permitted by said unnamed company.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the orphek OR series bars. They are similar price point and they are made to order, so you can customize them at no additional charge.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back