• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

New NanoBox Reef LED Arrays

Item Price
$65
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So back in February I went on a quest for new Nano Box Reef arrays. They were widely known as some of the better arrays on the market. They had a small form factor, good color spectrum and excellent color blend. And they could be had for relatively cheap. I was unable to find any new arrays so myself and @theatrus worked on making some new ones. He did the heavy lifting. I had the dream lol

They are currently a 13 diode array. They fit the exact same form factor as the last arrays from Dave at NanoBox. We added a picolock connector for ease of swapping along with standard solder pads. Will this be a long term project? Don't know. Need to see the interest.

They contain:
4 Royal Blue
2 Mint
1 Violet and 1 UV
2 5700 white and 1 3k white
1 Blue and 1 Cyan

5 different channels of control. Right now I have my light 5" above the water. 4" below the water is over 400 PAR. 15" below the water is 200+ PAR. Using a Apogee SQ-520.

Also I am working on helping with Bluefish and either absorbing the hosting cost or working on a way to have that removed if we can. I hate subscriptions as much as the next guy. But Spencer has said he is working on some nice updates.

I currently have 8 of these available. $65 shipped per array which covers my costs. If I were to make 30 of these I could get the pricing closer to $40 shipped. I am hand laying every diode and then flowing them. I then test them in a nano box fixture.

I can also make custom harnesses for use in the picolock connectors. I can make them to link up to 4 arrays together.

Price is not negotiable. I am firm on $65 per array shipped. After my fees and shipping I can't even cover the fuel to the post office lol

NB2 (1).jpeg NB3 (1).jpeg NB1 (1).jpeg nb arrays.jpg

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interested. Dimensions? Form factor?

1.9" x 1.5"

I don't understand the form factor question. They are array boards. You mount them on your own heat sink. They are designed to be direct replacements for NanoBox lights.

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have placed an order for 8 from Braaap.
I don’t know all the verbiage other then he daisy chained 2 groups of four so it would work on my 48” NanoBox T5 LED Combo.
My pucks are about 8 yrs old…Thanks Braaap! Super easy to work with and is a great guy!
I will post pics once I get around to installing them.

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have more of these ready to ship. I can also install them for you.

I also have 2 NanoBox Tides about ready to ship. Completely rebuilt in matte white. Very nice lights.

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work! ... I still remember when Dave (Nanobox) was the first to switch out the white LEDs to all lime :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I still have three Nanobox lights in my storage (still on a long break from hobby):
- Duo with full bluefish controller and moonlight
- 36" Hybrid 6x T5 + 8 array + bluefish mini
- 36" Hybrid 2x T5 + 8 array + 2 beams + bluefish mini

Happy to see there is a replacement option as they were great lights!

Wish you had posted sooner, my friend just gave away his 2x Wide Quads (one of the last ones made by Dave) for free when he sold his whole tank setup. One of the arrays was out and paying for bluefish did not appeal to him.

Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great work! ... I still remember when Dave (Nanobox) was the first to switch out the white LEDs to all lime :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I still have three Nanobox lights in my storage (still on a long break from hobby):
- Duo with full bluefish controller and moonlight
- 36" Hybrid 6x T5 + 8 array + bluefish mini
- 36" Hybrid 2x T5 + 8 array + 2 beams + bluefish mini

Happy to see there is a replacement option as they were great lights!

Wish you had posted sooner, my friend just gave away his 2x Wide Quads (one of the last ones made by Dave) for free when he sold his whole tank setup. One of the arrays was out and paying for bluefish did not appeal to him.

Keep up the great work!

Sounds like you have some great lights! I really loved my 36" ATI Dimmable with a retro. I have a 24" ATI I am going to make into a retro right now. But I am currently rebuilding a 24" quad. If that is what he called it. 4 arrays. 24" long.

Did your friend have the bigger square lights? I would love to get my hands on one of those.

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have some great lights! I really loved my 36" ATI Dimmable with a retro. I have a 24" ATI I am going to make into a retro right now. But I am currently rebuilding a 24" quad. If that is what he called it. 4 arrays. 24" long.

Did your friend have the bigger square lights? I would love to get my hands on one of those.

These were the Wide Quads that he gave away ... each had 4 arrays. The buyer said he had his own lights so hopefully they didn't get scraped
42461579101_916062bfa4_c.jpg

These were called the Hybrids
42461578871_16c67475de_c.jpg

Maybe these were what you meant regular Quads ... or two Duo side by side
41391665014_2d4dc2528e_c.jpg

43350864174_588c718bbe_c.jpg

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These were the Wide Quads that he gave away ... each had 4 arrays. The buyer said he had his own lights so hopefully they didn't get scraped
42461579101_916062bfa4_c.jpg

These were called the Hybrids
42461578871_16c67475de_c.jpg

Maybe these were what you meant regular Quads ... or two Duo side by side
41391665014_2d4dc2528e_c.jpg

43350864174_588c718bbe_c.jpg

Great info. I would kill to have those red top lights. One of those would be absolutely PERFECT over my current tank.

I just completed one just like the all black on the bottom. Installed a new hanging kit and 2 new fans. It is fully functional now and a great light. Just too wide for my tank.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice I remember those LED's too bad David is still not making them.

Last edited:

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m making the arrays now. And have a couple lights about to be completed that I can sell. 2 Tides(single array) and 1 24” long quad.
I literally missed a chance to purchase a Nano Box led by one week prior to seeing this thread, it shouldn't take too long to find another one.

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I literally missed a chance to purchase a Nano Box led by one week prior to seeing this thread, it shouldn't take too long to find another one.
I'm not sure you understand. I literally have 3 NanoBox fixtures for sale if you are interested. With these new arrays. They are refurbished with new powdercoating, drivers, and fans. They are essentially brand new fixtures.

MantisShrimpMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close can these be mounted to the water? I’d like to mount them inside the hood of a biocube-esque tank (JBJ Cubey 20G). They’ll be behind a splash guard but I’m more asking in regards to the light distribution

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a proud owner of 8 new arrays and these blow the originals out of the water!
You won’t be disappointed on @braaap work!

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How close can these be mounted to the water? I’d like to mount them inside the hood of a biocube-esque tank (JBJ Cubey 20G). They’ll be behind a splash guard but I’m more asking in regards to the light distribution

Just like any light the closer the light the more it’s focused. You’d likely need 2 for that application. They don’t use optics so the spread and blend is very nice.

Lingwendil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you currently have any more of these available? I was originally looking to get a couple more 24w Half Mega Acrostar boards from Theatrus, but haven't been able to contact him successfully.

Are you interested in entertaining custom LED loadouts?

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you currently have any more of these available? I was originally looking to get a couple more 24w Half Mega Acrostar boards from Theatrus, but haven't been able to contact him successfully.

Are you interested in entertaining custom LED loadouts?

I believe he will because I was texting him about it myself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back