Modifying brs reactor to scrubber

wanderer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the standard brs reactor that I’ve been using for GFO and carbon. I no longer have a need for those but my pH is low and I want to use a CO2 scrubber. I currently use vinyl 1/2 “ through the push connect for my reactor. I imagine I can’t air would leak through the joints if I use that tubing to go to skimmer intake. Would 1/2 “ npt to barb elbow be the correct piece to replace the current npt to push connect? Example below

I also realize that the ideal tubing for skimmers is 3/8 “ so I will either need a reducer or just put the 3/8 inside the 1/2 “
IMG_1886.png

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why the old fitting wouldn't work. If water didn't leak through it, then air shouldn't either. The air should be lower pressure.

Though you will need a reducer to connect to most Skimmers.

OP
OP
W

wanderer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why the old fitting wouldn't work. If water didn't leak through it, then air shouldn't either. The air should be lower pressure.

Though you will need a reducer to connect to most Skimmers.
I made a rookie mistake in that barb fittings should correlate with the inner diameter of the tubing. So the 3/8 “ fitting was essentially the same as the push connect 1/2 “. I got a new 1/2 npt to 1/4 “ barb and it seems to be working; so far my pH has gone up .15 points or so since I set it up yesterday

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back