mods and low post count

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess sometimes it has more to do with what the person has to offer the site than how involved they are in everyday banter. I am a mod on another reef site and I have found that the best mods are the ones who are not involved in everyday posting. it makes them impartial. not to mention some sites recomend there mods have aliases.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people that have the low post counts have more knowledge than the people that have 437498317 post counts. haha

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it that i changed my screenname on other sites and have like 5 post counts and everyone thinks your a newbie when i have been doing saltwater for over 10years now.

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was an owner of a forum for 3 years back in the day. I had 20k members (about 2-3k active daily) and my post count was 50 when I move on to bigger and better things.

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it that i changed my screenname on other sites and have like 5 post counts and everyone thinks your a newbie when i have been doing saltwater for over 10years now.

i have been doing it for 15 years and i love when the skilter was top of the line

and the first sps i ever seen were all brown (and stayed that way but i had to have few )

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be a mod LOL! I bet I've been at this for more than anyone (started in high school, early 1980's). I had my first acro in 1994 and yes, they were brown ceralis, but I didn't know any better at the time. But then again, experience doesn't necessarily make a good mod. Plus, the mods seem to be doing a good job on this site.

Dave

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mods are picked due to the team voting on a group of people that is not to say that everyone here isn't civil or as improtant then the next member but as a group we pick and choose as a whole and vote on who we want to join. We do look at post counts but that is not a determining factor. We also look at the perspective they( person) can bring to the team. I am sure Rev and the whole Mod team don't want any of you guys that have been here for ever to think we over look any of you at the same time because we didn't ask you to be a mod, some new mods have asked at the right time when we were looking to fill a spot and they were already on the list and that is just the way it worked out.....As we grown and improve things I am sure there will be more spots to fill in time.

Last edited:

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on this site for about 2 years, but not a real active participant in the threads until now as I did some mod work on another site and was active with writing articles for TOTM's and features on corals over there. I like the direction this site is headed and now spend a lot more time here than elsewhere! You'll see a lot more posts from me going forward!

GrouperGenius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keepin' SW fish since 1972 on a consistent basis. Been doing the reef thing since 1995.

We are all still learning new stuff all the time. Progress.

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also a member here and most of the time just lurking around (sorry Rev) but trust me being a mod is no fun and game and I'm speaking with experience specially a big crowd.

mak060

Reluctant Zoa Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guess i'm gonna be stuck sweepin the floors for a loooonngg time! :tongue:
:hammer:

Salt, you crack me up. If I need a good belly laugh, all I have to do is find one of your posts. BTW, I think you'd make a great mod. One vote for Saltysteele please . . .

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread count doesnt mean a whole lot to me. Sometimes the voice less heard is the one worth listening too.

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread count doesnt mean a whole lot to me. Sometimes the voice less heard is the one worth listening too.
+1 Post whoring does not equal knowledge. I spend more time reading on forums than posting.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL, you dug that one up out of the crypt there mojo. Interestingly enough, a number of the posters that show nonmod status in the thread were actually mods at the time, but have since moved on.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does post count, membership time, and or knowledge have to do with being a mod?
none of them do!
the question is not who should be a mod but who shouldnt.

Back