Molt or death

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen many shrimp/crabs molt, however, I have not seen a pistol shrimp molt. I purchased a tiger pistol yesterday. He went to hide in a cave area when it was introduced. This morning I saw some excavation action, and in a depression, I saw the following pic. It looks like a molt, but on the large claw there seem to be tendons or something and is throwing me off. It is hollow, so that should be a molt. I think it's odd that it would molt the night after introducing it to the tank.

Tank mates are two hermits some snails, two clowns and his buddy a yellow watchman.

The white on the bottom left is glue, so ignore that.

1632677446490.png

OP
OP
aSaltyKlown

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have waited another hour before posting. ;Facepalm I noticed the YWG near the hole in a rock where the pistol was last night. After I posted, I went and watched, sure enough, saw an antenna and then some claws. It came out after a few min and started to bulldoze away.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have waited another hour before posting. ;Facepalm I noticed the YWG near the hole in a rock where the pistol was last night. After I posted, I went and watched, sure enough, saw an antenna and then some claws. It came out after a few min and started to bulldoze away.
My coralbanded shrimp did the same thing to me. I also got a call from my boss stating that the second shrimp died.

Back