monitopa growth?

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
1,244
Location
West suburbs of Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this Monti for about 2 months and it has white on the tips and ton the back where its glued. Is this growth or is the coral dying?

20181128_194802.jpg


20181128_194815.jpg
 
Here’s my monti with the lights off. This one been growing for years. Was told it was 5 years old when I got it. Not sure if the guy was just talking to get me to buy it but I’ve had this for a while now

9E1FEC46-943A-4E6E-85DB-8FB449B50FCA.jpeg
 
Oh ok great. I love the Monti when they grow to be like yours just plating forward and outwards. love it, thank you!
 
These are growth tips, and that is base encrusting on the rock, the coral is growing and doing will.
Usually new growth is a little lighter in color than the old ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new