Monti after GHA

  • Thread starter Thread starter djbetterly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

djbetterly

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
265
Location
Nutley, NJ (AKA - The Nut)
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a bit of gha on one of my monti's, the area looks dead, should I leave it or trim it off?

IMG_2511.JPG
 
I would just leave it. Given the right conditions it should grow back. GL.
 
One of my acro frag fell on top of my WWC grafted monti cap last month and burned off an area about half an inch. Some algae soon grew on it. I brushed off the algae but left the area alone. A month later I can clearly see the unaffected area already grew almost half inch of new growth where the dead area barely healed over.
I'm not sure if trimming will stimulate growth but whether new growth has a clean supporting foundation to grow on. The dead area will always attract algae growth and algae always grow faster therefore preventing/ competing with monti growth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new