Montipora angry

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ssooooo long story short, tryin to figure out whats up with my montipora, hasnt had its polyps out the last couple days for some reason. My birds nest is happy go lucky along with other corals, the only thing I can think is it is possibly upset about either the recent water change which was a 30% change due to higher nitrates or the daily increase from acclimation mode from primes which started at 30% until now 19 days total with 11 remaining. Thoughts?

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d think lighting since it’s what’s changed. By using the acclimation mode you essentially took its light away and it still doesn’t have full strength after like 3 weeks. I’d say that’s making it unhappy. But could be lots of other things. Other parameters etc could have changed. I think I’m in the minority but I’ve never liked the idea of using acclimation mode on a tank with corals already settled in it.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d think lighting since it’s what’s changed. By using the acclimation mode you essentially took its light away and it still doesn’t have full strength after like 3 weeks. I’d say that’s making it unhappy. But could be lots of other things. Other parameters etc could have changed. I think I’m in the minority but I’ve never liked the idea of using acclimation mode on a tank with corals already settled in it.
Yeah unfortunately I had to since the previous lights had suuuper sucky par until getting x2 ai primes. I will give it another day and if nadda check parameters again before a water change/relocation.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New issue, monti is back to the usual polyps out etc, but im daily having to remove BHA off it it was in a decent flow spot but adjusted the wave maker in a slow pulse in the direction of the coral to help. Ive been fighting this algae for a while and am slowly gaining ground but its covered on the rocks around my corals. Any advice on how to handle? Ive reduced feeding amount for fish, cut lighting a bit, and manually removing the junk off sand but the concern is my monti seems to be the target for it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back