Montipora Digitata compatibility observation.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have/had three Montipora Digitatas of different varieties growing next to each other and this is what I have seen/am seeing: The "forest fire" outgrew and enveloped the "green" without notable injury to the green while this was happening. The "German blue" is encroaching on the forest fire and causing tissue loss and damage to the forest fires in doing so.

A few non-scientific photos (keep in mind a have fragged a number of branches off for one reason or another, including trying to save the corals from each other):
IMG_0335.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have/had three Montipora Digitatas of different varieties growing next to each other and this is what I have seen/am seeing: The "forest fire" outgrew and enveloped the "green" without notable injury to the green while this was happening. The "German blue" is encroaching on the forest fire and causing tissue loss and damage to the forest fires in doing so.

A few non-scientific photos (keep in mind a have fragged a number of branches off for one reason or another, including trying to save the corals from each other):
IMG_0335.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
Very cool! My German Blue grows over monti cap too. Thanks for sharing!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0335.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
Very cool. I like monti digi a lot to but they have been covered by the birdsnest. I just let the corals figure out their own space on the reef but some branches have shaded out.

Attachments

• 20240119_122521.jpg
    20240119_122521.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back