35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@35ppt pm sent.

OK so new plan!

Set up qt and transfer affected frag over.

Check all other montis in display at night for stragglers

Dip every 3-5 days brush underside of plug rinse in different container all that sweet stuff

Question: Will they feed on other coral species?
IIRC they only eat montipora genus. So caps, digis etc.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic
Actually I think I'm wrong about that. I just searched around a bit and it looks like it's just caps. I could have swore I heard it was all monti. Someone will correct me I'm sure.

/No I was right, it's the whole genus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Copingwithpods

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From bad to worse, just found another Monti with nudibranchs. I'm going to assume at this point that the whole tank is infected. It's too much coral for me to pull out and qt.

What are my options here? Constant (daily) syphon out the juveniles and adults? A wrasse? Both? I'm willing to become their biggest predator if that's what it takes.
I’ve beaten them . With manual removed. I have a baster like a large needle with out the needle tip . It blasts them off . Your second weapon is superglue. Paint every affected area and the entire underneath of the monti. This smothers them and there eggs .
Inspect at night, use a magnifying lens. And get a wrasse, yellow coris or 6line ( bullies )
These days your lucky if a dip has any affect on them . Go ahead search R2R you will find reports of MEN not being killed by any dip.
Did you treat in tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Got it thank you.

Currently trying to put something together. Sadly the only reason I can't set up a qt is lack of light, I have everything else needed, a complete set up, just no light.

EDIT: just realized have no salt either

The tupperware idea, is this a tub inside the display I sit the coral in? A bit confused.

@35ppt what's a waterpik?
Rubbermaid tub is separate. Set it up like a small aquarium

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat them at one monti . I had a 6 line to . I know they are jerks but they are effective. Use a lens t find them . Toothbrush them off , Superglue anything that they can hide on or in .
between predators and manual removal you will get them . At this point I would remove each monti one by one and check over them . Don’t be afraid to coat the entire underneath of a monti. In superglue. If it’s encrusted on a rock then fill any gap with super glue gel .
this maybe unrelated but I always put every coral on a grow out rock or a removable rock base . Times like now you will see why . Good luck !

OP
OP
Copingwithpods

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beat them at one monti . I had a 6 line to . I know they are jerks but they are effective. Use a lens t find them . Toothbrush them off , Superglue anything that they can hide on or in .
between predators and manual removal you will get them . At this point I would remove each monti one by one and check over them . Don’t be afraid to coat the entire underneath of a monti. In superglue. If it’s encrusted on a rock then fill any gap with super glue gel .
this maybe unrelated but I always put every coral on a grow out rock or a removable rock base . Times like now you will see why . Good luck !
Got it thank you. I'll do my best to stay on top of them, unfortunately I can't have a sixline but I will give a cryptic wrasse a shot if I can get a hold of one.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back