Montiporas getting lighter in color?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boboe77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boboe77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
2
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have 3 montiporas (green, purple, red) and they suddenly started getting lighter in color. They were doing fine about a week ago. The only things that have happened to my tank was I had a bubble tip die. A friend told me he was getting too much light. Another thing was I installed a chiller.

These are my parameters and specs below.

ALK - 9

MAG - 1350

CA - 420

Nitrate - 0

Haven't tested phosphate but I added GFO about 2 weeks ago.

Lighting: Kessil A350w about 6 1/2 inches above waterline about 65% intensity and 9 inches above monti's

just put in 2 new chemipure elite/blue

Mounties are higher up in the tank

Thanks all!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new