Moorish Idol and Nori

  • Thread starter Thread starter JDapper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JDapper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
38
Location
Sneads Ferry
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to try my luck with a Moorish Idol and he is eating pellets out of the water column and off the sand but won’t go for the Nori on the clip or mysis! Any tips and tricks to get him to eat the nori and mysis?
 
Mine only eats nori when he's hungry and would far prefer meaty type foods. I feed the nori before the mysids/meaty food to force him to eat it. I'd guess once he settles in and is eating really well he will be more aggressive to the nori. It took a while for mine to become a truly aggressive eater
 
Mine only eats nori when he's hungry and would far prefer meaty type foods. I feed the nori before the mysids/meaty food to force him to eat it. I'd guess once he settles in and is eating really well he will be more aggressive to the nori. It took a while for mine to become a truly aggressive eater
He started eating the mysis and brine mixed with the angel food with sponge in it today but still hasn’t gone for the nori and I know they need nori to survive so hopefully he goes after it soon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new