More ATO troubles.

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to change my top off pump. I picked up the avast apex ready dosing pump. The sensors are in the stand, connected to an FMM module. There is a USB my garage, that is connected to a EB832 and an FMM in the garage. Plugged the pump into the FMM, and set the module as seen below:

FMM.png

Pump never turned on. Thinking I did something wrong, I moved the plug to the EB832 and set the output the same. It also isn't working. I'm just getting an error on the ATO.

error.png

I put it to "always on" and the dosing pump turned on. So I know the pump is working. What am I missing?

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IoHere is my code I have a sensor in my ro res. So you don't need that line. The only thing I see different is your when on statement is before the defer codes, not sur if that matters or not. @SuncrestReef has some great apex tutorials.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sump_L OPEN Then ON
If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF
If Res_Lo OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
Defer 000:15 Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Your fmm and 832 is in the garage. Are the sensors connected to the fmm neer the tank or to the one in the garage? The sensors will need to be connected to the module the program looks at to turn the pump on or off.

For example my pmup is connected to my 832. The 24v port is where the programming is. The program is looking at the sensors on the fmm.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sensors are connected to an FMM in the stand; the pump is in my garage. There is a USB from the apex to the EB832 in the garage. The pump is connected to that EB832, via the 24v plug.

Previously, the pump was plugged in to outlet 1, and everything worked fine. The new pump doesn't plug into an outlet, so that's what has caused this dilemma.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The strangest thing just took place. The lo sensor was open. So I turned the 24v port to "on" - with the same code as above. The pump turned on, filled till the sensor was closed, and turned off.

Do I need to leave this "on" rather than "Auto"?

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should work on auto. Turning the switch to on or off is supposed override the programming. Do you have the pump plugged into the EB832 or on the 24v port on the fmm? If it's on the fmm is the power supply to the fmm plugged into an outlet that turns off?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed seeing this thread yesterday.

It sounds like you have your pump connected to a remote FMM, with another FMM at your sump where the optical sensors are. That's how I run mine as well.

The code you posted looks correct, assuming it's the code from the 24v Acc port on the remote FMM where the pump is physically plugged in:

Remote ATK.png

Go through the troubleshooting steps in my ATK Tutorial to verify your optical sensors are reporting properly:

Back