More interesting returns than the "Return Jet"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DurocShark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DurocShark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
69
Location
A Mickey Mouse Town
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I'm seeing in the 1" size is the ubiquitous "Return Jet". I'm setting up my 70 gallon's sump and really would like more options. The tank isn't drilled, so it's all over the side. There's gotta be SOMETHING more interesting?

Thanks!
 
Yeah, I use a SCWD, works good for random flow, but you need to get an oversized pump cause you lose about 40% flow with it
 
Yeah, I use a SCWD, works good for random flow, but you need to get an oversized pump cause you lose about 40% flow with it

Hah, yeah. I'm good. My Sicce pump is dialed all the way down otherwise my overflow flushes. ;)

Interesting. And the girl in the video is cute. ;)
 
Hah, yeah. I'm good. My Sicce pump is dialed all the way down otherwise my overflow flushes. ;)

Interesting. And the girl in the video is cute. ;)

Hahaha. Just a couple things. They work the best installed vertically, ie. Input at bottom & outputs at top sides. Also needs to be cleaned once or twice a year ( I just put some vinegar in & plug holes with my fingers & swish around, then soak for about 30 mins), so make sure you can get to it & be able to remove periodically.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new