More than Lunar ~ Less than Utter Chaos - ID Needed

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching these palys color up at my local fish store for weeks now. Luckily, they never sold during my viewing time. So this past week I finally bought the main colony and the mini colony the store cut off of the main colony. These have extremely neon skirts. The skirts are a mixture of green, pink, yellow, and orange, with orange being the most dominant color. Under blue LEDs the other colors show much more vividly. The bodies consist of a dark, near-black, "background" with a lot of golden-yellow explosion/splatter action going on in the "foreground". Also, the new "baby" polyps start as being solid neon orange and then develop the previously described markings as they mature. This can be seen in the photos below. Does anyone know if this morph is named, frequent, both, etc. ?

The palys are currently in my all softy power compact lit Bio-Cube. These pictures pretty much show the least of their potential as I run one bulb that produces brown light and one that produces basically teal light. However, softies love it and prosper like crazy in this tank.

Pictures taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

New Zoas by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

New Palys by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PZ paralyzers?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Hm. They do look similar. But mine do not have distinct orange rings in the center or greenish splatter color. Those are really sweet zoas though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. it looked like really nice metallic red/orange agaves with noticably brighter skirts. unfortunately I lost them. BUT I am already back in the lab tinkering/frankensteining.......

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Close but mine do not have that much yellow on them.

I did. it looked like really nice metallic red/orange agaves with noticably brighter skirts. unfortunately I lost them. BUT I am already back in the lab tinkering/frankensteining.......

Sounds awesome! Hopefully you can create another one or two!!!

Zoanthid.com savages?

Those looks extremely close! Only difference I see is mine being more orange and their's more red, but that could just be lighting.

maybe "Spider Web" palys if theyre like lunars... with the Web pattern...

They do look similar to those too. However, I think mine are more similar to the Savages suggested above.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back