Morphing

Ramathorn937

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any experience getting their own zoas to morph?

I'm very new to the hobby, and zoas are where I started, now that I'm a few months In, and with a decent zoa collection, I'm wondering about getting them to morph in my tank to try to make something cool.

If you have gotten this to happen in your tank, please list your experience.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really the only thing they can most likely do it fade or get brighter and that has to do with a combo of things including placement, lighting etc. One other thing would be something similar to how a nuclear green paly and a purple death paly morphed together. This rarely ever happens.

OP
OP
R

Ramathorn937

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of people fragging one polyp each of two different zoanthids and gluing them to a frag plug with the bases touching. But I've never seen any pictures of the results, has anyone tried this?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of people fragging one polyp each of two different zoanthids and gluing them to a frag plug with the bases touching. But I've never seen any pictures of the results, has anyone tried this?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I am going to try for sure....I never thought this would really produce a new strain lol.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have this anymore but thought i share this...this start with a couple polyps of spiderman zoas(blue red skirt) and the yellow gold zoas with green skirt....both grew and started morphing like this
DSC08928-1.jpg

i think i have one right now morphing that i notice...only one polyp of pink zipper and its being morphed with devils armor palys...ill try and get a picture...

Chris L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have this anymore but thought i share this...this start with a couple polyps of spiderman zoas(blue red skirt) and the yellow gold zoas with green skirt....both grew and started morphing like this
DSC08928-1.jpg

i think i have one right now morphing that i notice...only one polyp of pink zipper and its being morphed with devils armor palys...ill try and get a picture...

Cool pic!!

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DSC08928-1.jpg

Thats way cool!
In a colony of Sunny d's I have, I had one polyp grow that didn't have as much green in it and the skirt was silver. When it got full sized I fragged it off and put it by itself, but then it melted.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC08928-1.jpg

That's a nice morph, love the combination of the two, wish you still have it...

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC08928-1.jpg

Holy is that cool! Probably my favorite mix ever.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC08928-1.jpg

Wow that's awesome. You keep teasing us with your awesome pics and still no tank thread come on!!!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 106 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 116 47.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.0%
Back