Most optimal lighting upgrade for the Fluval 13.5

gabrielw94106

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
206
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be getting a new light for my Fluval but I am not sure what to get. I was considering the AI Prime 16 HD. Just curious if there was a better option. I was also looking at the RedSea Reef 50.
 
I have a Kessil A80 blue over my 13.5. I attached the bendable arm to the overflow area I had to add a few foam pieces. The only thing I wish it had was a app/wifi controller.

I went with Kessil because I had it from a prior build, I also got it for a great deal. Have you checked out the youtube channel for Cory Williard? Pulled a lot of ideas from him for the 13.5.
 
Last edited:
Thats the only thing about that light that I was considering. Is the controller still around $100?
Yes, I think the controller is $100. The AI16 is a nice light well the light doesn't hang high enough over the tank for my liking though.
 
With the mount. I don't know if a hanging kit over that tank would look right. In all honesty, though I haven't seen it done.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new