Mother of Pearl pics!

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see some pics of the frags that you guys have!!!! I got one recently and will get a pic up in the next day or two. I haven't seen any pics of this frag at all. The only pic that I have seen is wetthumbs main pic and I am curious what all the frags look like. Thanks a ton.

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's slow growth. I got it from Jimmy007. He got a frag from Wet thumb.

IMG_0061-4-1.jpg

Last edited:

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is this supposed to look like? any mother colony shots from what the heck?

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I looked it up, I'll take a cali tort and be happy haha.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt there's any colony pics that look identical to that old what the heck pic. the reefarmers frag looks identical to the inexpensive austera frags i see at many lfs. Feel free to prove me wrong

OP
OP
Gamble

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Redstag!! Lets see more pics! I know some more of you have this.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt there's any colony pics that look identical to that old what the heck pic. the reefarmers frag looks identical to the inexpensive austera frags i see at many lfs. Feel free to prove me wrong
my thoughts exactly. pretty crazy name and hype for a pretty generic looking coral

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what I believe to be a original Oregon tort that I think looks identical to there avatar... I bought it from Rommel back in the day and it just said tort.. Lol
It's so bright blue it's hard to photograph the flash shots look better ha!
DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

nvdiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my local club members grew a small frag into a pretty nice sized colony in a year and although it doesn't look like the what the heck avatar / pics its pretty nice.

hopefully he'll chime in here.

OP
OP
Gamble

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind seeing a current colony pic from wetthumb....... maybe they will post up!

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im following this thread very closely. id like to see some pics of it as well. perhaps tina will post some up.

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what I believe to be a original Oregon tort that I think looks identical to there avatar... I bought it from Rommel back in the day and it just said tort.. Lol
It's so bright blue it's hard to photograph the flash shots look better ha!
DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

nope..lol. not MOP..

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

austera are branching acro.. we have plenty of them.
Tyree's pic is not a good clear pic..when its small as frag, its hard to tell .

texsun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MOP is a tabing acro. ..hint hint ))
Is Lawrence's Pearl of the Pacific the same? Mine is tabling off of the frag plug and not encrusting around it like the typical tort/stag. It was browned it but now starting to lighten at the base and purple hues are showing through. Very unique and cool coral.

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im following this thread very closely. id like to see some pics of it as well. perhaps tina will post some up.

we dont have any more frag and we cannot cut any more frag. we have over fragged the colony which is already small . thats why we never have pic. They are sold even before we get to frag it .
we never have enough to sell.
will let our small colony grow out a bit ..will post the colony later..right now its a bit chopped .

several customers got from us.. i think Zero got it before and he loved it before he lost it.

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Lawrence's Pearl of the Pacific the same? Mine is tabling off of the frag plug and not encrusting around it like the typical tort/stag. It was browned it but now starting to lighten at the base and purple hues are showing through. Very unique and cool coral.

NOPE ,abslutely not the same ..thats efflo . All SPS experts who came to our place all said not the same when they saw his piece. A friend bought a frag from him and it turned out to be a valida.

you cannot say its MOP when is not from our colony..his piece is bigger than our mother colony!!! ..
he showed me a pic of it . it looked like a Valida..i asked if he has a pic mother colony and he showed me an Efllo .

tyree's pic is hard to tell ..when its that small..it seems to look like Efllo .the specie of MOP which i will not tell..hehehe..is RARE specie collected from a VERY REMOTED area and we have never seen one again since 4 years ago.

Last edited:

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind seeing a current colony pic from wetthumb....... maybe they will post up!

i will post later once its healed up. I gave a frag to one farmer and he never frag it ..now it looks stuning..i will see if i can get his pic .
MOP is a very RARE specie ..i know scientific name but sorry i can not tell hehe.

Its the specie you Rarely see.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back